If you experience a persistent, recurring problem with sexual response or desire, it might be time to call the Center for Female and Male Sexual Medicine in Millburn, New Jersey. We see patients in Millburn, throughout the Essex County area and beyond who are struggling with female sexual dysfunction (FSD), a spectrum of sexual disorders involving low sexual desire, pain during sex, low or nonexistent sexual arousal and orgasmic problems. When FSD begins to strain the relationship with your partner and affect your overall wellbeing, our certified physicians are prepared to help.
The Spectrum of Female Sexual Disorders
Whether it’s a new symptom or an ongoing issue, we’re determined to treat your case of FSD at the Center for Female and Male Sexual Medicine. We see patients of all ages who experience the different forms of FSD. These categories include the following:
- Desire disorders, in which a woman has little or no interest in sexual intercourse due to diminished libido.
- Sexual pain disorders that involve pain caused by vaginal dryness, hormonal changes in the body from menopause, urinary tract infections (UTIs) and other conditions.
- Sexual arousal disorders that make it difficult to become physically aroused by sexual activity or remain aroused during intercourse.
- Orgasmic disorders, a common problem that makes it difficult and even impossible to climax or orgasm. You might also experience pain during orgasm.
If you’re experiencing any of these difficulties, our highly trained and experienced FSD experts can provide the treatment you need right here in Millburn.
Underlying Causes of FSD
Though symptoms of female sexual dysfunction can depend on the partner and the situation, there are a variety of other causes for FSD. The most common causes are:
- Depression, anxiety and stress
- Medications (oral contraceptives, chemotherapy drugs)
- Diseases (diabetes, high blood pressure)
- Vaginal infections
Determining which of these conditions or other underlying factors may be at the root of a woman’s sexual problems is the first key step to addressing those issues and returning patients to more satisfying sexual intercourse.
Contact the Center for Female and Male Sexual Medicine in Millburn, NJ
If you are experiencing a form of female sexual dysfunction, schedule an appointment at the Center for Female and Male Sexual Medicine. Visit our office at 225 Millburn Ave in Building C, Suite 304. We’ll help determine the cause of your female sexual dysfunction, so you can return to a happy, active lifestyle. Contact us today by calling 973-218-9400973-218-9400.