Sex therapy is a type of psychotherapy that focuses on sexual issues. Sex therapy is for couples or individuals. People of all ages, sexual orientations, genders, religions, and ethnicities choose to seek the help of a sex therapist.
Couples may be struggling with communication issues that manifest themselves in the bedroom, conflicting levels of sexual desire, problems resulting from long periods of inactivity or hurts resulting from infidelities. Or dealing with physical conditions that affect their quality of life and ability to have a satisfying sexual relationship.
In relationships, there are times when passion needs recharging. Sex therapists can also guide couples on how to make sex more exciting, hot, playful and to sustain that desire in long-term relationships.
Also, sex therapy can help with gender concerns, sex addiction or compulsions, transgender issues and other intimate concerns.
Some Examples of Issues That Bring Individuals/Couples to Sex Therapy Are:
- *Changes In Sexuality Brought on by Menopause or the Common Aging Process
- Sexual Trauma
- Lack of Orgasm
- Difficulties With Erections or Ejaculation
- Inhibited and Reduced Desire
- Sexual Addiction (Internet and Other Media)
- Difficulties Resulting from Infidelities
- Fear and Anxiety
- Dyspareunia (Pain and Discomfort)
- Vaginismus (Inability to Have Intercourse)
- Lack of Intimacy
- Frequency and Desire Incompatibility
- Differing Sexual Styles
- Issues of Trust, Respect, and Commitment
- Alternative Lifestyles and Relationships
- *Sex With a Physical Disability
- Sexual Concerns as a Result of an Illness Such as Cancer or Surgery
- Transgender Issues
Beth Levy-Merlin, LCSW, Julie Potischman, NCC, LPC are certified sex therapists and members of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT). They are trained and experienced in working with clients dealing with any of the aforementioned issues. They work in a team approach with Dr. Shoengold and his caring team of experts to restore the best part of you.
Dr. Shoengold and his caring team of experts will take a team approach to restoring the best part of you. Therapy may be your single source for restoration or it may be the final step in fulfilling your goal.
Take the first step and set up your consultation today, call 973-218-9400973-218-9400.